United Methodist Women
The Hughes United Methodist Women are a community where the primary purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative and supportive fellowship and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The Friendship Circle meets at 11:30 a.m. the First Tuesday of each month in the Church Social Hall.
The Loyalty Circle meets the First Wednesday of each month, 7:30 p.m., in homes of members or in the Church Parlor.
To find out the time and place of a Circle meeting, contact the church office.
Rummage Sales: Each October and March, the UMW holds rummage sales at the Church. Over the years, the Hughes UMW has contributed over $100,000 in rummage proceeds to our church, our community, and the world. We have storage space available for your contributions at any time of the year. Call the church for more information, and check the home page for specific dates.
UMW supports the following missions:
- Montgomery County Women's Center in Rockville, a daytime shelter for homeless women
- Susanna Wesley House in Baltimore, a home for battered women and children
- Scott's Run Settlement House in Osage, West Virginia
- The Board of Child Care in Baltimore, a home for children unable to live with their parents.
- Wheaton Rescue Squad
- Meals on Wheels
- Camp Hope and our own Hughes Youth activities.